Non transmitting audio/ visual devices
These are not sending out the audio visual, but storing the data to have the unit picked up then taken away for analysis.
7. Mobile phones in flight mode (non-transmitting , but recording)
8. USB sticks
9. Fibre microphone
10. Key stroke loggers
11. Hook switch bypass – for analog traditional phones
12. Bugs inside digital phone
13. VoIP interception programs (such as Wireshark / Kana and Abel etc)
14. Cell phone interception devices
15. Software loaded into cell phone (requires brief access to your phone)
16. Base station cell tower impersonation (phone locks to the strongest signal, encryption is dropped to lowest level, then all your data is stolen)
17. Law enforcement – a court ordered TI’s ( Telephone intercepts) will take all your phone data such as calls, text and email directly from your telephone service provider)
18. Long range devices can be pointed at your window from outside, or towards open air conversations
Courtesy of BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/3522137.stm
Common places where bugs are concealed
These particular photos have been taken from ebay to demonstrate how easy and cheap they are to obtain.
1. Smoke detectors
2. Power points, phone points, coaxial (TV) cable points
4. Telephones and Telephone lines
5. Home electronics
6. Light switch controllers and wall bracket
7. Light fittings
9. Inside walls
10. Computer keyboard and mouse
13. USB sticks
14. Alarm panels
15. Air conditioning controllers and units
16. Clothing hook cameras
Where are the best locations to attack you electronically?
Get your peace of mind back again, and take control over your assets and space now.